Work with us
We're a small team, punching above our weight. Opportunities come up from time to time to welcome new talent into Different Kind. Keep an eye on this page to find out what's coming up.
3-4 days /week
12 month freelance contract
£38-44K annual, pro-rata
Closing date: Tuesday 8th March at 10:00
Can you get people to put their heart in their shopping cart? We are Different Kind, an exciting new online store looking for an eCommerce Manager to join our startup team to drive good growth.
This is a role for a proven eCommerce manager or a website/community expert with experience driving sales and impact. We are a small team where everyone straddles strategy and execution with big thinking and practical application. We pay a competitive social enterprise rate, work virtually and flexibly, respect each other and have fun.
Could you be a force for good? Have you got sales, merchandising and e-commerce in your bloodstream? Do you want to make a real difference by selling goods that create a change in the world? Come on over to our place!
We need someone who loves our mission and the quality of our range, someone who has tons of ideas and a passion for converting customers to the generosity economy through buying goods that do good.
Strong candidates will combine commerciality, kindness and creativity to grow trading, make our online merchandising sing, bring retail nous to our social commerce, improve our customer experience and facilitate our customer community around the incredible stories and impact of our products and producers.
You’ll be joining a fired-up, big-hearted team with bags of style and energy. We have a magic combination of socially made, rigorously and ethically sourced goods, high end media and content skills, all wrapped in a hugely attractive lifestyle ecommerce site. Help scale an exciting online store with attractive, high quality, social and ethical goods, and grow the impact of a different and kind business.
All products are skillfully curated, with amazing stories, purpose and campaigns behind them. We have an unparalleled ethical screening process. Every product we sell has a brilliant story behind it. And we do things differently. We are challenging the conventions of retail.
- Plan and execute e-commerce success and development and oversee day-to-day e-commerce operations to support marketing and product plans
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing and Content colleagues to ensure content aligns with the retail marketing calendar, meets our house style and adheres to technical standards
- Stay on top of industry trends and identify/set new opportunities and experiments to increase conversion and customer retention
- Report regularly on ecommerce analytics, in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing Manager
- Review CX and resolve issues, make recommendations for updates. Make reasonable website changes/updates and partner with other experts on more complex projects (e.g. research and implementation of new site features and functionalities)
- Manage our Shopify site and Stock & Buy inventory management app
- Partner with Customer Service and Warehouse team members to set a high bar for customer experience
- Test and make recommendations for new tools, platforms, trends and integrations to keep the organisation and website current and up-to-date with industry trends
Working with us means you’re happy to share our values in this effort:
We work for mutual success and share the air
We are determined with unapologetic optimism
We pair transparency with good will
We crave change
We have a generous spirit and a rebel heart
We take work seriously, not ourselves
We are inclusive, accepting, discerning and demanding
We seek integrity, always
Find out more about us:
- Liz Warner profiled in Melanie Sykes' Frank Magazine
- Different Kind featured in The Times Business column
- Different Kind on LinkedIn
- Different Kind on Instagram
- Different Kind on Facebook
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us how you’ve been successful driving online sales and engagement, and what kind business means to you.